Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Paid internship project for Engineering or EMET with local business

Paid internship project for Engineering or EMET student with local business owner:

I would like to convert the controls on my computer room cooling system to get away from an obsolete temperature controller, and add features. 

 This project will include:

  1. Researching hardware and software options
  2. Assist in the design and documentation of a real-life system
  3. Computer / hardware interface
  4. System notifications for warnings and failures
  5. Redundant controls
  6. Power wiring including cabinets, conduit sizing, pulling the wiring, etc.

It has been suggested that I use a Raspberry pi for the control changes, but I am not familiar with them. 

I also want to add coil capacity to the system.  This would be an opportunity to measure system changes based on a modification.  Unfortunately, I do not have good equipment for measuring temperature.

Actually, looking at the above, this may be more than a single project or internship for more than one student.

  • Working on this would be a very good resume item for a student. It is a paid part-time experience in the field.
  • This would likely qualify as an internship, but I'm not familiar with the PSU requirements so would have to clarify with the student and faculty. 
  • The student would have to be vaccinated to be considered.

I would be happy to talk with you and/or others to discuss this.

www.ps-c.com