Looking for a Technical Support Engineer / Software Engineering Support in State College
Technical Support Engineer / Software Engineering Support
According to the American Lung Association, lung cancer is the leading cancer killer in both men and women worldwide. In 2010, there were over 150,000 deaths from lung cancer in the United States alone. To diagnose lung cancer, a pulmonologist may order a chest x-ray, a CT scan (a 3-D x-ray), or insert a small tube called a bronchoscope through the nose or mouth to observe the patient’s airways and lungs. The pulmonologist may then take a biopsy of the tumor to examine and diagnose the lung cancer. However, it is currently very difficult to navigate the bronchoscope through redundant, space-constrained airways to take an accurate biopsy.
Broncus Medical has commercialized and continues to develop innovative solutions for diagnosing and treating lung diseases. Physicians use LungPoint® Virtual Bronchoscopic Navigation Systems to plan bronchoscopic procedures and quickly and accurately maneuver to tumors in the lungs. LungPoint is a powerful platform for computer-assisted, image-guided bronchoscopic planning and navigation that is intuitive and easy to use. It provides a map and visual directions through the lung airways to a lung tumor. The unique 18 gauge FleXNeedle® coring needle enables peripheral sampling and access to hard-to-reach areas of the lungs.
We are looking for a special person to work with a talented team and take a hands-on role in our Software Development group. This person will be responsible for supporting our customers by troubleshooting and solving problems in the field and also supporting the software development team. As such, he/she will significantly contribute to the success of our commercialization efforts. Travel of up to 20% is expected.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The candidate selected to fill this position will have:
• The ability to interface with physicians, nurses and other hospital personnel during stressful situations.
• The ability to work and learn independently.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated the ability to be well-organized and detailed oriented.
• Excellent testing, troubleshooting, and failure analysis skills.
• 1+ years of development experience with C++.
• 1+ years of development experience with .NET, specifically C++/CLI.
• 1+ years of experience with Windows development using Visual Studio development tools.
• Strong knowledge of object oriented programming concepts.
• GPU development experience in OpenCL or CUDA is BIG plus.
• Experience with ITK, VTK, Boost, Numerical Recipes, OpenCL libraries is a BIG plus.
• Experience with Python program is a plus.
• UI and database development experience is a plus.
• A BS (preferably MS) in computer science, or a related field.
THE REASONS TO JOIN US
• An opportunity to significantly impact the lives of millions of lung cancer patients
• A small, startup environment on the verge of growing into a global enterprise
• An honest, rewarding, team-based, fun environment
• An extraordinary group of employees, advisors, and investors
• Equity participation, and competitive compensation and benefits