Tuesday, December 1, 2015
WE ARE HIRING NOW!!!
Please ask about our sign on bonus! Applicants hired after July 1, 2015 are eligible for up to $250. This amount is prorated for part time and provisional employees. Please call 412-995-5000 x492 for more details!
The list of all our open positions and job descriptions can be found on our website, www.achieva.info.
Please apply on our website at www.achieva.info or you may call 412-995-5000 to request an application.
All Access Days for College Students
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to work or intern at UPMC? If you are a current college student, come see what we’re all about by participating in a tour of our corporate offices. Meet current managers and employees and learn more about your field of interest.
Friday, December 11, 2015 – Business & Clinical
Friday, January 8, 2016 – Business & Clinical
For more details, see the website at: http://careers.upmc.com/pages/
Full-Time Opportunities and Internships for College Students and Recent Graduates
Offering a variety of internship opportunities and full-time leadership development rotation programs in both the business and clinical sectors, UPMC provides real-world work experience to hundreds of undergraduate and graduate students each year.
Full-Time Leadership Development Rotation Programs
Our Finance Management Rotation (FMR) program, Information Services Division Rotation (ISDR) program, and Administrative Fellowship program are two-year leadership development rotation programs for top students (who have graduated recently or are about to graduate) that are interested in learning to become leaders in health care organizations.
- Finance Management Rotation (FMR) Program: applications are currently closed. Please check back in August 2016.
- Information Services Division Rotation (ISDR) Program: apply by Nov. 2
- Administrative Fellowship Program: Applications are currently closed.
Our Summer Associates program is an 11-week internship that exposes students to real-world business opportunities.
- Actuarial: apply by Nov. 30
- Finance and Accounting: Applications are currently closed. Please check back in August 2016.
- Human Resources: apply by Dec. 31
- Information Services: apply by Nov. 30
- Legal: apply by Dec. 31
- Market Research (UPMC Enterprises): apply by Nov. 2
- Marketing/Communications located in Erie, PA: apply by Dec. 31
- Marketing/Communications: apply by Dec. 31
- Product Analyst (UPMC Enterprises): apply by Nov. 2
- Public Relations/Media Relations: apply by Dec. 31
- Quality, Safety, and Innovation: apply by Dec. 31
- Supply Chain Management: apply by Nov. 30
- Software Engineering (UPMC Enterprises): Applications are currently closed. Please check back in August 2016.
- Videography: apply by Dec. 31
For more details, see the website at: http://careers.upmc.com/pages/
Tioga County Human Services
has vacancies NOW for:
- 4 County Caseworker 1
- 2 County Caseworker 2
- $29,640/annually for County Caseworker 1
- $30,284.80/annually for County Caseworker 2
- Visit www.scsc.pa.gov
- Click "Open Test Announcements" under the "Job Seekers" tab
- Refer to announcement #2006-713 to learn about the nature of work, minimum requirements, and testing details for each job title
- Create an account to log in, apply, and schedule an exam
Call (570) 724-5766 or (570) 723-8298
Application or testing questions?
Call (717) 783-3058
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) National Internship Program is accepting applications for its 2016 summer session.
Applicants have until Feb. 15, 2016, to apply for the summer session which takes place June 3, 2016, through Aug. 13, 2016, and June 17, 2016, through Aug. 27, 2016 (the latter dates are for students at institutions operating on a quarter calendar). Please view attached flyer.
The HACU National Internship program offers federal internship opportunities in the spring, summer and fall and corporate internships in the summer. Internship locations are in Washington, D.C. and at field locations throughout the U.S. The program is open to all majors. Majors in demand include the following:
• Business Administration
• Computer Science
• Human Resources
• Library Sciences
• Mathematics and Statistics
• Public Health
• Public Policy
• Public Administration
• Translation/Interpretation (English-Spanish)
Gain work experience, acquire new skills, and grow your professional net-work all the while living in a new city! Federal and corporate internships are available in the nation’s capitol and in numerous cities across the US. Be part of the more than 10,000 former interns who have taken on the challenge and have used their internships to launch their professional careers.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be enrolled in a degree-seeking program, at either the undergraduate or graduate level. Recent graduates are eligible for a limited number of internships.
- Have completed freshman year
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Be authorized to work by law in the U.S.
Weekly Pay Rates:
- Undergraduates $520
- Graduate $590
Travel and Housing
- Round-trip airfare is arranged and paid for by HACU
- Housing accommodations can be arranged by HACU
- Interns may be eligible to receive academic credit at their educational institution. HACU can facilitate the process to ensure the necessary documentation is submitted.
WANT TO PARTICIPATE?
- Apply online at www.hacu.net/hnip
Important Dates to Be Considered:
Jan. 14 - Apr. 30
Deadline: Oct. 30, 2015
Jun. 3 — Aug. 13 (regular dates)
Jun. 17 — Aug. 27 (quarter dates)
Final Deadline: Feb. 15, 2016
Aug. 25 —Dec. 10
Deadline:June 17, 2016
All applicants are required to apply online. Students applying for a summer corporate internship are asked to also email their resume to begin pre-screening. For more information on the program and the application process, click here.
One Dupont Circle NW Suite 430
Washington, DC 20036
Monday, November 23, 2015
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is seeking college students for our paid Commonwealth Public Service Internship program. Opportunities will begin in the summer of 2016, and students will earn $14.03 per hour and gain experience in their major field of study. To be eligible, students must have completed 65 credits, including 12 credits or a minimum of four courses in their major.
On behalf of the Governor’s Office of Administration, the following informational link is being forwarded to you about current internship program opportunities: http://www.oa.pa.gov/Documents/cpsi-final.pdf. This link contains a master listing of job opportunities for this program to include the names, locations, and specific job assignments of state agencies that will be hiring interns.
Students who successfully complete this flexible six-month internship will be hired into a full-time position after graduating with a bachelor’s degree – guaranteed! There are a variety of opportunities to choose from, and there are many opportunities available. Go to www.scsc.pa.gov > Job Seekers > Open Test Announcements and select the Internships and Summer Employment category to view more information regarding the Commonwealth Public Service Internship program. Applications may be submitted through the Online Services section of the Civil Service website.
Hello, below is a job posting that I currently have posted on our website. I am looking for two Civil Designers, one in Wilkes-Barre and the other in Wexford. I was wondering if you would be able to share it with your Civil Engineering Alumni. Any sharing of this position would be greatly appreciated.
Borton-Lawson is looking for a Civil Engineer with strong AutoCAD skills, a natural tendency towards technology, a passion for problem solving, and good communications skills.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities include:
•Assist in plan production and development or modification of reports, plans, specifications, and probable construction cost estimates to provide a complete set of contract documents for his/her projects within the department.
•Performs design services related to site layout, grading, storm water management and erosion control in conformance with local, state and federal regulations.
•Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare permitting and design documents.
•Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, tests, aerial photographs of terrain, existing and proposed characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design projects.
•Works with staff in applying standard drawings and electronic file procedures to ensure consistency in applications of standards.
•Assists in client contact and communication pertaining to the specifics of the project.
•Attends client meetings - days or nights.
•Supports and communicates with the project team to executes work in an timely and efficient manner
•Working knowledge of engineering software is required in the following programs: AutoCAD Civil 3D
•Additional software knowledge preferred: AutoTurn, HY-8, VTPSUHM7, Pond Pak, StormCAD/Hydroflow, Microsoft Project, and ArcGIS
Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent education is required. Minimum experience of two years, or the equivalent thereof, in a Civil or related engineering field including Land Development design, plan preparation, specifications, contract documents and/or other Civil Engineering processes.
613 Baltimore Drive, Suite 300
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702-7903